Friday, April 13, 2012

Explore

This past weekend the Schram Fam had so much fun! Please excuse this photo-heavy post.

Saturday: Mommy had a letterpress class at Idaho Poster & Letterpress . That meant Daddy spent most of the day home with all the kids!  Iris learned how to mow the yard riding in the backpack.  All the kids spent time crafting and listening to music, with all the windows open and the warm air filling the house.
I had so much fun taking a class, in Boise, by myself! It was so strange to drive the car, without any carseats in it.  I stopped and grabbed a coffee before my class started and I just sat downtown, listening to the sound of NOTHING.  My class was really interesting, and the history and equipment were right up my alley.  I could have spent days looking through the drawers of type.







Here are my projects - Live Life, is made with woodtype - So, it has come to this, is made with lead type. I used two different presses, and it was all really cool. I'll definitely go back and try my hand at new designs.



When I got home from my class, everyone was anxious to get out, so we had dinner and then ended up at Camel's Back Park (Schramlets call it Camel Back Mountain).  Daddy and the kiddos climbed the hill twice, while Iris squealed with delight on the swings!
Yes, he did wear that skeleton outfit, with the cape, all day long. The highlight was when he was running across the park and some 'big kids' (teenagers) stopped to say 'cool cape, man!'.



Sunday morning, we woke up early, and Dave made Apple Fritters (Ella calls them Apple Fruiters) - then we packed a lunch and headed to Celebration Park  .  We hiked and explored the petroglyphs.  This archeological park, is pretty great. The kids had fun trying to decipher the messages.



We saw some real live lizards too, not just these rock carvings.

One, two, three  "PICKLES!"

 Irie spent a lot of the hike, asleep curled up in the backpack! The older kids asked a couple times if we would carry them, when it got hot and they got tired.  Ella opted for sunning herself on this rock.
Happy kids and happy parents.
It really was the most beautiful weekend we've had this year.  We spent Sunday evening making pizzas in the brick oven, and enjoying the sun in our backyard.  Then we all slept like champs!
Here's to another fantastic weekend.

1 comment:

  1. From now on I think I'll call Camel Back Mountain!

    "So, it has come to this . . . " (:

    ReplyDelete