Monday, September 30, 2013

Our next life...

It's true, I haven't blogged for an entire year. It's not because I've had nothing to say - perhaps it's because I have specifically not wanted to share.  Partly selfish, partly feeling private and partly not quite sure I like a public blog - where people from my past are able to observe my family without having to actually interact with me.  I have spent the last few years creating such distinctly private boundaries and while I love writing and communicating with friends and family- I have been hesitant to share my thoughts because disappearing has been so freeing and pleasant.  Recent developments lead me to think I should start communicating again, because we're embarking on a new adventure - and distance will prevent me from speaking face-to-face with so many of you.  So, here we go.

After finally selling our property in Nampa - we settled into a rental home not far from Dave's work, here in Boise.  I can't begin to explain how much peace that move made in our home. That property had felt like quicksand for the last 5 years and we were clawing to get out. It was a much needed and hoped for change, and while renting a home isn't ideal, it was the best decision for that time.

We began to unpack and settle into our new neighborhood and were taking full advantage of finally living in Boise.  About that time Dave's employer announced they were going to be laying off another 5% of their workforce.  We've been through this process a lot of other times, but this time he had already been making connections with another company.  He wrote one single email to a connection in that company and within hours he had a new lead on a job and that company was pursuing hiring him.  At that point I stopped unpacking and we tried to be patient through the application/ recruiting/ interviewing stages.  After a flight to Portland and a face to face interview it was only a couple days until he was offered a job there.  So, after 13 years here - he said his goodbyes and has already moved and started his new job.  The kids and I are finishing up a few things here and waiting for the closing on our new home in Hillsboro.

Sometimes change is hard.  Sometimes change brings hope.  For us, nearly everything will change in a matter of weeks - and it could not be more welcome.  New state, new city, new school, new job, new home.... new life.  We're ready for a new adventure.





No comments:

Post a Comment