Friday, May 4, 2012

Around Here...

Peter:  "Daddy, I need to talk to you about something.... my bike is too small and I need a new, bigger one!"

Ella: "I asked Mommy, and she said it's ok if we get wet in the sprinkler!" {no she didn't and no you can't}

Gracie: "I'm just really mad, because it's not fair!"

Iris: "Uh-oh, uh-oh, uh-oh, uh-oh!"

Peter decided his bike was too small, and talked to daddy about acquiring a new ride!  The first thrift store we stopped at, had a bigger bike, but it was pretty tattered - we were ready to go to the next store, but Pete would not be deterred.  So, for $15, he has a new, big bike, complete with scratches and some other kid's sticker embellishments.  Together, Daddy and Peter fixed it up with a new kick-stand, handle grips and air in the tires.  And he was right, he did need a bigger bike!

Later this week, Peter came to me in tears, his tooth was so loose, but he was worried about pulling it out all by himself.  "Mommy, can you pull this tooth?"  I barely touched it and it fell out in my hand - so, it was beyond ready for falling out.  Unfortunately, that darned tooth-fairy forgot to look under his pillow last night.  I told him I'd email her today, to make sure she remembers.  He now has a huge gap in his mouth, and he's having troubles saying 's' and 'th' and 'f' :)

Ella has been helping Mommy sort through all their winter clothes, and summer clothes.  And we decided to make some skirts - which she is exceptionally proud of.  She's been stringing the elastic through the waistbands and would probably wear a skirt every single day of her life!

Gracie's school year is winding down and she's already counting down to her annual trip to Short Grandma's house.

Iris loves bluegrass, and when I start this record, she let's out a holler and begins to dance!  I'm sure the love of banjo is in her blood - maybe she'll learn to play someday.

This year our garden is already full of life - the rhubard we planted 3 years ago, is finally growing huge.  The chives, horseradish, garlic and onion or growing tall.  And after a couple years, our asparagus is coming in bigger and stronger.  Dave's hops are taller than he is already and our raspberries are spreading out and filling in.


We've got big dreams right now, and are pushing through all the decision-making and I think we're at the beginning of really big things!  Stay-tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment