Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer Break

We made a quick trip to Oregon, to attend my cousin's high school graduation.  We took the opportunity to leave our kids behind, at Short Grandma and Oval Grandpa's house.  Since we were so close to the Pacific we took a short excursion to breathe in the ocean air!  It was Iris's first trip to the coast and she did not seem too impressed.  She spent her time in the hiking backpack, so I'm not really surprised.  We did manage to eat fresh local seafood and spot a whale - so, it was a successful 40 hours!



The Schramlets count down the days to "summer-break at Grandma's house" - this year was no exception.  I love that they are adventurous and don't mind being away from Mom and Dad for a few days. 

I thought I'd get a lot of work done while they're gone, but I haven't.  I guess I'll just have to step up my game when they get home.

It's so quiet when they're gone - and summer break changes up my schedule so much!  I needed a week or so, to get used to life without morning carpool to school, picking up a kindergartner at one school -  picking up his schoolmate and delivering him to the preschool - picking up a preschooler, finally making it home - lunch, nap, pack everyone up and go get a 2nd grader and another schoolmate - delivering that schoolmate to her home - then home to start dinner and homework.  Summer's lack of schedule will hopefully afford me loads of time to put the house back together, finish some painting projects and get busy with my sewing machine.  Of course, there will be swimming lessons for 2 weeks + camping + art projects + boredom busters - but there will surely be more 'free' time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment